Content farming is the provision of large amounts of mostly low-quality content on websites with the aim of attracting users and generating revenue through online advertising. Often news about , advice texts or instructions on everyday issues are published. Characteristic is a high degree of search engine optimization, which ensures that the pages receive many clicks. In this business model, the focus is not on the production of high-quality content, but on the use of cheaply produced content as a lure for users.[su_list icon=”icon: hand-o-right” icon_color=”#187bc0″ indent=”-5″]
What is the approach to content farming?
- Constant monitoring of current search trends to identify suitable search queries, for example via Google Trends or keyword analyses
- Creation of search engine optimized content (texts, images, videos, etc.) by freelance copywriters or agencies
- Placement of online advertising
- Regular updating of content.
What are the characteristics of a content farm?
- large amounts of content
- high keyword density
- content that is valid in the long term, e.g. user manuals
- content that is in frequent demand: e.g. how-to texts
- low effort for the creation and maintenance of content
Also of importance to you may be Display Select Keywords. Learn more here:To the article
Do you have any more questions?